Yours to enjoy
SUPPORT & REWARDS
We’re a team at Wilko. We believe in pulling together, supporting each other and rewarding everyone for all the work they do with some fantastic training and great benefits. In fact, just how well we look after our people might surprise you.
Support to suceed
At Wilko, we invest in your learning and development, because we want to make sure that you have all the knowledge and experience necessary to do your job and achieve your full potential. In fact, for the last 14 years we’ve received the Investors in People Award, including the gold standard for the last 3. We also run a talent programme called Aspire, which is accessible to everyone who displays ambition and ability.
Learning & Development
So, as a graduate, we’ll focus specifically on helping you develop your behavioural (how you approach work) and technical (the core skills and knowledge you need to do your work) competencies. It’s a natural process that falls into the following areas:
- Personal Performance, Expectations and Responsibility
- Personal Impact
- Leadership in Action
- Delivering Projects
- Powering Forward
Rewards and benefits
As a graduate, probably the best reward is knowing that you’re gaining fantastic exposure and real responsibility from day one. However, we all like the odd added extras. And, here at Wilko’s there are loads of brilliant things that you can also enjoy. For example:
- Competitive starting salary of £21,500
- 28 days holiday
- 13% staff discount, instore and online after 4 weeks
- A 13% family discount card, after you’ve worked here for 13 weeks.
- 25% off all adult bikes at Wilko
- Full range of specially negotiated team member discounts for a variety of products and services
- For some of our schemes, we will support you with technical or professional qualifications where appropriate
- Access to our Wilko Stakeholder Pension Plan
- easi – the Wilko team members’ saving scheme. Save direct from your salary into a non-interest savings account.
- Team Member Trust Fund – this helps with the costs that come on top of day-to-day living and offers things like loans for unexpected periods of hardship and book grants for students up to £150.
- O.A.T.S (training fund) gives you help to learn a new skill, like a foreign language or how to sign.
- Holiday flats, lodges and caravans – Wilko have a range of holiday flats, lodges and caravans across the UK.
- Holidays – save up to 50% on your next holiday with Haven, Virgin, Thomas Cook, First Choice, Butlins & Keycamp
- Days out – save up to 60% at Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Legoland Windsor.
- Health and wellbeing – receive eyecare vouchers and up to 60% discounts at health clubs, gyms and spas.
- Motoring – car hire, servicing, vehicle breakdown and driving lessons
- Shopping – enjoy money off in Marks & Spencers, House of Fraser, BHS, Halfords, Sharp and Dell.
If you’ve worked for Wilko for 5 years, you can apply for an unpaid break from work. It can be anything from 3 months to one year and give you the chance to study for a qualification or simply relax.